Friday, December 10, 2010

Can I Be Human for a Minute?

That question is a very mature way of asking can I whine and throw a pity party for a day or so and not be judged because everyone has "off days".
So, that's what I am going to write about..

I've had an interesting couple of months here lately, and I would say that I ended my summer and began my fall season with a mentality of "enjoy as much as possible: do as much, see as much, spend time with friends as much as possible and whatever you do.. Do. Not. Think."

The great thing (and in this case terribly inconvenient thing) about our minds though is that we never really forget anything. We tuck it deep into the shadows and corners of our minds, but it never goes away. So if I get myself alone long enough (something I avoided for months): I start thinking. Then everything I thought I had forgotten about or was numb to starts to resurface.

It is really wild the things we tuck away and bring back to light to punish ourselves over and over again. Our insecurities, our doubts, our fears, our diminished dreams, our failures, our what-ifs...our past is so haunting.

There is a bright side (Amazing, I know).
2nd Corinthians 12:9-10. Do some work, look it up for yourself.
Incredible, that in my weakest, most insecure, down-trodden moment Christ is perfectly strong, perfectly secure.

That's a pretty good pep-talk.

Simple enough, right?
Next time you want to throw a huge pity party (which I'll be the first to admit I am a fan of pity parties) just know that the Creator of the universe wants you to trust in Him so He can show off his perfection in ALL things. Paul even says to delight in weakness because then Christ's perfection can be shown fully.

How comforting it is to know that I don't have to have it all together by myself. That I am free to hurt, to be insecure, to be off my A-game... as long as I trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment