Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hey February

Have I really only been here for 2 weeks? My goodness, it feels like ages! I think it is safe to say that I have adjusted to the urban life. For whatever reason I did not imagine Brussels being so...big. I literally live in a major city, and not just a big city, but one of the most important ones in Europe!

This week has been insane. For serious. I have been going non-stop since Tuesday at 8AM and I am so ready for the weekend, even though I am packing up and heading off to Cologne, Germany.

Tuesday I had class, worked at my internship, Accessible Art Fair (check out my Facebook for my details- some really cool things going down!), attended a lecture at the uni (what everyone here calls university) on The EU and Preventing World Hunger, then went to my first lesson with my French tutor.
I can't even describe how excited I am to learn French, and although I am a long shot from speaking well, I really did know a lot more than I thought I did, so my confidence has been boosted and I will probably attempt to converse with random people on the train and whatnot now. Exciting!

I finally got home last night, helped my roommate Riikka do laundry for her trip to Georgia (Middle East, not the United States!) and crashed.

Today, I got up, went to Accessible Art office, worked all day, and now I home blogging quickly before I write a short report on Starbucks with my girl, Yonseili. This report is an introduction to one we will be working on all semester regarding Starbucks and their international business- from fair trade to local growers to global expansion. Should be an interesting report when it is all said and done.

 Oh, and one last thing... the WEATHER. Well, it has been absolutely frigid this week.. if you can't tell. Today it was -13degreesC around 1 o'clock. I can't even imagine what it is now at 7PM. I feel like I should invest in subzero-type winter wear, but everyone keeps telling me this is a very short spurt of cold air and the nice spring weather will be here in a flash. For this week I will believe them, if the reports look similar to this next week, I'm investing in an electric parka or a portable sauna. Done with this cold mess.
HOWEVER, today was one of the first completely precipitation-free days that we have had since I have been here, so of course I had to chuck the rainboots and black faux-leather for something a little more spunky and trendy, get some life back into the streets, y'all! I'm so tired of seeing puffy coats, black boots, black mittens, and the occasionally bright and exotic off-white scarf. SO, I pulled out my new, fantastic Steve Madden leopard print loafers. They were definitely the high-lite of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment