Friday, February 11, 2011

Love Post #1

An old friend turned me onto Pastor Steven Furtick from Elevation Church a few years ago. I used to listen to his messages each week (And still try to catch it) but I became an even bigger fan of his daily blog. At the time I was aspiring to be a pastor's wife, so I figured I should probably listen even closer to his wife, Holly Furtick.

My aspirations have changed a tad, but I still read Holly Furtick's blog daily. She is so normal and yet so wise and godly (something to be admired). I love the little window into her life that she allows her readers to peek through.

Anyways, this week she started a "love post" and each day is dedicated to the people she loves most. So I am taking her example.

Today is about my mom. To say that she is a great mom is such an understatement. She is not only a great mom, she is a great woman and a great friend. She is by far the hardest working person I know and has accomplished so much- as I get older I realize just how much she done, for herself, her co-workers, her family, and the people she loves.

My mom is from a small town in West Virginia where very few speak correct English and most never leave their coal-mining towns begins. I am almost positive that rotary dial phones are still the main source of communication and satellite television is a "new" feature.
However, my mom is one of the most educated people I know and the woman has more connections than most politicians haha. (It comes in handy when I need a favor ;)
Not only does she know people, but I have yet to meet a person who didn't just love her. She is the most giving person I know and would do anything for someone in need.

She is also the strongest person I know. She has gotten out of bad situations, even at the risk of being unstable or insecure for a season. She has lived on her own and parented me single-handedly all these years.

I am so thankful for her guidance and her love. The older I get the more I respect her and the happier I am to have her around. I know I have been everything but easy to raise and she stuck around when anyone and everyone else has left me to fend for myself.

Happy Valentines Day Mom.. I am so proud of you and to be your daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment