Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Peace.

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.."
It is good to be reminded of this when I feel like my heart has been everything but guarded.. Protected.
Sometimes I forget how desperately God loves us... I quickly forget at what length Christ will go to give us security, confidence, and peace.
If we let him. 
I also tend to forget what a gentleman my Savior is. That even though every part of Him wants to rescue us from pain and restore our souls and minds, He sits by and waits for us to ask for Him (I personally imagine him sitting on his hands, trying to contain his eagerness and be patient- although I am sure that is not quite the case). 
Maybe this is all coming from a girl who wants nothing more than to feel valued, adored, and spectacularly unique... But that in and of itself speaks so highly of God's character- that He will be exactly what you need Him to be when you decide you NEED Him. 
Whether it is a Savior, a Provider, Father, Counselor, Rock, Lion, Shield, Prince of Peace, Giver of Life- He IS that. 
I love the part of Philippians 4:7 that states "which transcends ALL understanding"
As in, when you can't comprehend how anyone could care about you or find value in you, God will show you your worth
As in, when you don't understand why everything is happening to way it is, God will show you the light at the end of the tunnel.
Because He adores us and only wants us to trust and rely on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment